22nd August 2015
Gambling and superstition go together! Occasionally it involves wearing a certain article of clothing or jewelry or it could need carrying a certain thing. And it usually involves the environment by which they gamble.
There certainly are a number of superstitions which have been in existence for several years among others which have popped up more recently in places like high-end hotels about the Las Vegas Strip where resorts will go to great lengths to honor the sensitivities of the poker playing guests. An illustration of the foregoing is a multi-million dollar renovation undertaken by the MGM Grand in 1998. While the hotel management states the face lift was done for purposes of beautification of the five year old resort, it absolutely was also acknowledged that part of the decision to remodel the hotel’s entrance was based upon folklore and beliefs of the Asian guests — many of whom play Texas Hold’em Poker.
Prior to the renovation, players entered the casino by walking through the mouth of a lion. It was really quickly discovered that this important section of their gamblers believed that walking via a lion’s mouth was considered unlucky — which resulted in the renovation of the entry to the MGM Grand.
A casino manager who must remain nameless reports that one of his regular poker players keeps chocolate in his pocket while in the gaming tables. This guy throws a piece of candy on the ground before he places a bet in the belief that the devil will undoubtedly be distracted by the candy and leave him alone to have good luck.
Yet another is said to bring voodoo dolls dressed like the dealers into the casino so that he is able to command the cards dealt to him.
A few other superstitions held by poker players range from the following:
* When you play poker, wear an article of dirty clothing to keep away bad.
* Strike (or saliva) on your cards for good luck — rather when no one is looking.
* In The Event you are playing on a wooden table, be sure to choose a helpful casino hints seat that enables you to put your cards with all the grain instead of against it.
* Don’t cross your legs while playing or you will “cross out your luck”.
* Never gamble in an area using a dog in it.
* Wait until all the cards have been dealt before you pick up yours and make sure you pick them up with your right hand.
* In Case you are dealt the four of clubs, discard it promptly unless it is completely crucial to your hand. Some poker players consider whether that card is dealt for you in the first hand, you need to throw down your cards and leave the match since it signifies you’ll have nothing but bad luck.
* Do not permit every other poker player to set their foot on the rung of your chair. If you want to bring another player bad luck, put your foot on their seat. Two factors of good luck agreed upon by most poker players range from the colour crimson and being well dressed when you gamble.